Group Discussion: – A discussion or conversation between more than two people on a particular topic/subject is known as “Group discussion.”
A GD session throws light on below skills/qualities: –
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Motivational Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Listening skills
- Presentation Skills
- Analytical / Logical skills
Group Discussion Tips: –
- Always try to initiate the GD as well as conclude it.It puts a great impression on HR.
- Try to use synonyms, it’s also vital to highlight yourself.
- Be in touch with the latest news and technology because GD topics are related to latest news or market.
- Add real-life examples to justify your points/stand.
- Try to include latest news or information about the topic.
- If you fail to initiate, then try to speak in the middle with some unique points.
- If the GD is going in the wrong direction, bring it back to the actual discussion.it also puts a great impression.
Last and quite useful Group discussion tip, if the GD topic is new to you then listen to others and create few points to participate. Your words matter in group discussion; you have to speak for competing with others.